We’ve started this blog for a couple reasons:
1. We’re using this as a way to keep everybody updated about our lives.
2. We’re using this as a diary for our kids to have one day.
Carter is now 6 weeks old, 10lbs 9oz big, & 22 inches tall. At birth he was 7lbs 15oz & 20 inches tall. A few things Carter loves:
- Eating … he will eat all day long if I let him!
- Sleep … when he’s not fighting it.
- His daddy … William has the touch of making Carter smile! It’s such a sweet smile too.
- One more thing … being outside. He’ll be crying and all I have to do is walk outside and the cries stop instantly! William says that’s because Carter is already an outdoorsman.
He is such a good baby. At night, he sleeps really well. Usually only wakes up once to eat. The past couple weeks, he has been making eye contact, focusing, & following things with his eyes. This week he’s been “talking” more with his cooing sounds and also been smiling.
Among the many, these are a few great things about our life right now:
- Watching our family & friends love Carter has been so amazing to see. It’s really made me love those people in a different way. (Thank you family & friends…you know who you are!)
- Carter has a cousin named, Cameron. Cameron is 11 days older than him and they are best buds! They have play dates regularly and I can’t wait until they really know each other. It was such a gift from God that Katie & I got to be pregnant at the same time. (No, we did not plan it or even tell each other we were trying!) That’s why I say it’s a gift from God. We’re so excited for our boys and to watch them grow up together.
- Carter has many friends! He spends lots of time with our church babies. There were about 6 of us women who were pregnant at the same time and had babies within 4 months of each other. Carter is the youngest.
- It’s so much fun to see what he’ll do in 11 days (so to speak) by watching Cameron. And fun to see what he’ll do in 2-3 months by watching Enoch, Hudson, & Georgia.
On a personal note, I’ve fallen more & more in love with my sweet husband watching him love & take care of our baby.