I was thrilled to throw a party for my friend, Amy. We’ve known them for almost two years now and the friendship between the four of us (six, really…but two had no say inthe matter), just clicked! Thank you Jesus, for my friends. So many of my friends have meant the world to me and touched my heart through their loving kindness. And, she is defanitley one of them!
So, moving on to the party. This was a celebration for her second baby. Immediatley, I fell in love with the theme “You Are My Sunshine.” Then, I kept asking the Lord to show me what would bless her and be meaningful to her. I dove right in to the teeny tiny details and remembered, love is in the details. I had a blast preparing for this!
I’m not a game person during showers. I’ve yet to have been forced to play a game at a shower that was actually enjoyable. Mainly because, I’d rather spend that time talking to everyone. So, back to the prayer…what would bless Amy? Getting ready to have a home of two little girls, it dawned on me, what else other than having our friends who have two girls to offer some wisdom, pieces of advice. Ending with a sweet message her husband to her as an encouragement. It all went P-E-R-F-E-C-T! The women who spoke were totally spot on!
I’m so happy with the way everything turned out. Some of the details…
My favorite things to have for parties:
- Keurig Coffee Maker – everyone loved making their own cup!
- Labels for everything food & drink. Coordinating with theme/colors.
- Straw Flags. This was one of my favorite things. Since it was intimate (under 20), I was able to use our wine glasses and personalize with each ladies name on her straw flag. Fun!
- MadLucy Paper was super helpful with the “You Are My Sunshine” banner.
The mocktail for the night went over great!
- Marshmallow Treat Pops were just too pretty to passup!
- Dipped Pretzel Rods…delish!
- Lemon Cupcakes…yum!
Every lady received a prayer card to go home with and of course, a dessert bag to go! You didn’t think I wanted all those leftovers, did you?!