William’s condition, update 6
Shall I start with a praise?
- William walked (with the assistance of a walker), twice around the hospital floor yesterday and once so far today. We got to take Carter on a walk with us today in his stroller…almost like we’re taking our walks around the neighborhood again!
- He’s eating like a champ now! Which is a huge improvement considering the idea of chewing was exhausting him for 3 days.
- They’ve slowed the medication dripping into the pic line now so it’s much more comfortable.
- Not too bad of a headache anymore.
- His vision is getting better day by day.
- Our time as a family of 3 1/2 has been so sweet. Carter’s gotten to see Daddy in the morning and at night. So we still get to say Carter’s bedtime prayers with him and just cuddle, tickle, and play together. Carter’s been amazing through all of this. And I see it as another fingerprint of God in the whole situation.
Today, we’ll get to hear from our internist, Dr. Walker and possibly our neurologist, Dr. Goddell. We’re excited to hear what they say about his recovery so far. We’ll also hopefully find out when we get to go home and really start this recovery process. Each doctor, nurse, and therapist we’ve talked to that’s been helping us has been stunned in such a positive way about his progress. Wow, Jesus is all over this and I know we won’t know the effect Will’s recovery will have had on everyone, but it sure is encouraging to keep fighting knowing there are people watching, who don’t know the Lord and how He saves lives.
On another note; I had a wonderful mothers day. I couldn’t have asked for a better gift than sitting with Will, laughing, watching a movie, and just realizing again that God didn’t have to give him back to us; but he did because the Lord blesses and blesses and blesses his children beyond measure.
I’m still amazed by what’s happened in a week. One week ago I had no clue as to what God was going to do with such a mess of a situation. But, isn’t just like him to take our ashes and turn them into beauty?!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers!!! We’re so incredibly encouraged and loved.